Ok so this is kinda sorta not related to the adoption, but kind of is at the same time. Let me explain... I started going to the gym (which will remain nameless), was working out 3 days a week consistently, lost inches, was feeling GREAT, more energy, etc.... so one day I get there to work out and dufus trainer guy there (also nameless) says to me, "If you ever feel like you're not seeing results, come see us and we'll help you out." He continues even further to say, "You and I both know the state of your health... you do want to be around to see your son, don't you?" Dude must have some pretty large balls (pardon me) to stand there and think it was okay to say that to me, right?
So it's been about 2 months since I've been back to work out and I desperately need to work out, get back on track and start feeling better physically. Most of the reason I stopped going is because of his comment to me. Also, I came up with this genius excuse that things are too hectic & busy around the holidays. No more! I'm sucking it up and going back. Well, it doesn't matter where I end up working out, either cancelling there and going somewhere else where some dufus won't give me the 3rd degree about my health risks as if he knows all about me.
The bottom line and the goal of getting in better shape... is to be able to keep up with this little one who'll run me ragged so I best get my booty in gear! I need to be in better shape in order to run around with him and not feel stinkin' whooped at the end of the day, right? I don't want to be too tired and worn out, keeping me from doing whatever it is he want to run around and do.... whether it's playing in the yard, swimming, riding bikes, digging in the sand and walking on the beach, chasing squirrels, catching flies, digging up bugs, playing at the park.
God is NOT done with me yet and I believe He desires for me to be the best mother I can be. And, for me, that means getting my booty out there and getting healthier for Connor!
How much more clear can it be? Isaiah 43: 18-21 (NIV) "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."
Anyhow... no "New Years Resolution" for me... just simply desiring to be better, to make it a goal to become healthier. New Years resolutions are good & all, but how often do they last? I don't know... I see them as maybe a temporary motivator?! Maybe I'm completely wrong. I'm sure people make them for the right reasons, but I don't want this to be temporary.. I need a life-changing experience in physical fitness, Lord!
Saturday, December 30, 2006
Rude guy at the gym! GRRR!
Posted by GuateMami06 at 4:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment