Thursday, October 4, 2007

CNN's Anderson Cooper 360 segments

This CNN special investigation came on tonight at 10pm and will air again at midnight and again another time I think... wellll.... IT SUCKED!!! I cried through it all!!!! The Guatemalan police recently raided an orphanage called Casa Quiriva as they suspected illegal adoptions taking place through them and/or stealing babies from birth mothers. 46 babies were removed by the police and placed in alternate foster homes. Six of the babies have since been brought home to the US by their forever families. BUT the video they showed of the armed police... carrying the babies out, placing them in vans.. I couldn't take it!! NO BABY SHOULD BE HANDLED LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!! Alot of things on this program broke my heart!!!!

The foster home where the Casa babies were placed after the raid... the CNN reporter interviewed this foster mother ((who was , by the way, CAUCASIAN... no accent, obviously American))... and she stated to him that "these babies should be smiled at by their mothers." Thereafter, the reporter challenged her by responding that "there are many American families who are willing to do the very same." She simply stated, "Yes." It's very very SAD to me to think that she's raising these beautiful Guatemalan babies with THAT NASTY attitude toward adoptions!!! WHATEVER!!!! That sooooo ticked me off!!! I was in tears , crying sooo hard, watching that woman hold a baby girl in her arms! What ON EARTH possessed her to foster children in a developing nation such as Guatemala wherein she knows these babies are going to be placed for adoption... because their birth mothers don't often have the MEANS to raise them!! GIVE ME A BREAKKKK!!!!! I've seen hearts CHANGED through God bringing Connor home!!!!! And yet there are still so so so many to be reached for the Kingdom of God, to be drawn to Him in order for Him to save them.

As I watched this news special tonight, it saddened me... it also gave me great JOY & PRAISE!! Sad for the American families who are waiting for their babies to come home and for their babies who are waiting for them to come bring them home! JOY for the simple moments of each day with Connor.. even to think back on the frustrating moments when I've wanted to pull my hair out when he won't go down for a nap... I'm honored, humbled, thankful that God handed this child to me, enturusted this little boy to me! And so much of me cries out so so so many tears for the babies in Guatemala because in their big big brown eyes, I see Connor in them! I pray over him, watch him sleep sometimes... soak it all in and just praise GOD... how could I NOT??
I may not know what your personal opinions or knowledge on adoption are.. but understand this.... THOUSANDS of babies would likely DIE if they were not adopted or sponsored! Believe what you want to believe, just not everything you hear. God bless you all!!!! Pray!!!

0 comments: