Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Today was a close call, held onto my angels surrounding me on all sides, and at all times! I was approaching my 1st patient's home this morning, proceeded to turn left into their driveway and a truck behind me sped around me on the left (???) and hit my front left bumper with his passenger side rear tire. He spun a little, almost hit a mailbox and here I went sliding cleanly right into the driveway to which I was headed. I wasn't hurt at all, but he proceeded to continue to drive away without stopping! He finally stopped, turned around and came back to see that I ws okay. In the meantime, the patient's mom came out after hearing the collision, carrying the phone out to call the police. The guy got out of his truck to look at the damage. I proceeded to call the cops and he became frantic, "No, whatever you do, don't call the cops, please.. I'll pay for whatever damage to your car." I asked if he had a warrant out, he said he does. The patient's mom insisted, so did I. But he said, "I'll leave before they get here." I said we at least needed to switch insurance info and names, numbers... he wrote his full name & number down but said he couldn't find his insurance info so he left. I called dispatch and gave them the report of what happened, although I couldn't wait until they arrived because I was done seeing the patient and had others I needed to get moving onto. So in the afternoon, I went to the Sheriff's station to file the report and give them the guy's name & number. So basically it was a hit & run and the likelihood that the guy will fess up and admit he hit me is slim, I'm sure, being that he has some kind of warran out....

But the important thing is that I came out of it unharmed. No aches and pains, and praying none pop up... It was totally the hand of God holding onto my car easing it into the driveway without spinning! HOLY MOLY!! I don't know if the guy was under the influence of something or what, but he was quick to leave the scene and move on about his business. Thank GOD I'm okay... it could very well have been much worse. Who knows why He spared me... I know He's not done with me yet and I'm sure there's much more for me to do here on this Earth. Thank You, Lord!!!!!!!!!! Makes me appreciate each moment, to take a step back & re-evaluate things... and be thankful for the Lord's blessings in my life!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Glad it wasn't serious!! Have enjoyed reading about your adventures :)

eric & chris said...

Scary story!! So glad that you are okay!