I guess I don't know exactly how long he's been doing this really well but I just notice it last night after dinner... we were playing outside and I'd taken his tricycle out for him to ride in the driveway. I watch him and he takes off on it, pedaling very well! He used to be able to just push the pedals around once then couldn't get them around numerous times to keep going, so at the time I went out & bought a Radio Flyer trike that has the extended handle on the back that allows me to steer for him & push. So my Mom now mentions to me, "Yeah he's been doing that for a while.." :D Soooo proud of him. Every achievement, big or small, make me swell with pride in him as he grows, discovers, learns, becomes more confident in his abilities & strengths. :)
Also, in the past few weeks, he's done better with catching on to pumping his legs to swing himself on the swings!! Ahhhhh!! It's so cute to watch him because he just has more & more assurance & confidence when we praise him & clap & encourage him to try new things, to be brave! :) Now after one good push, off he goes. And he's able to hold the chains on either side & jump his little booty up on the swing himself. HA! :)
In a way, it's sad because this all means he's getting bigger, older, more independent... but it's a good thing, really... cannot avoid him growing up and I do encourage his independent, bravery, courage... I just think every Mom gets a little sad inside on a small level as they see their kids grow up, realizing they're not babies anymore. I just treasure every moment, every day.. enjoy it & start the next day ready to see what else he has up his sleeve. :)
Last night at dinner [we went to our favorite place for fish], he was drinking his water... wanted lemon in his just like I have in mine so the waitress had brought a little dish with 4 slices in it so I put one slice in his & two in mine. The one left in the dish, he said he wanted to eat... Ok. So he picked it it, bit off pieces of it, sucked on it... then came the pucker face! Wooooo!! He puts it back in the dish & says, "That was not a good idea..." LOL!! hahahaha!!
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Riding his tricycle and swinging on swings...
Posted by GuateMami06 at 4:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment